tm logo

Frequently Asked Questions

What should I do if I lose my Federal Tax ID Certificate?

If you lose your Federal Tax ID Certificate, don't panic. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) can provide a replacement for a lost or never-received EIN confirmation letter. You can reach out to them via the Business & Specialty Tax Line at (800) 829-4933, available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Alternatively, you can contact the IRS directly at (267) 941-1099 and request a 147C letter. Before they can assist you, you'll need to verify your identity by answering security questions such as your name, position with the company, your EIN, the type of income tax form you file for the business, and the name and address of the LLC. Once your identity is confirmed, the IRS representative will send the confirmation letter replacement to the contact information you provided when you initially filed the application. If your contact information has changed, you'll need to file Form 8822 to update the IRS.
Ask us a question

Post us your question and we will get back to you

Need a quick help?

Schedule a call with our attorneys to resolve your queries