tm logo

Frequently Asked Questions

What security measures are required when contacting the IRS for a replacement of a lost EIN confirmation letter?

When you need to contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for a replacement of a lost or misplaced Employer Identification Number (EIN) confirmation letter, there are certain security measures you must adhere to. Firstly, you will need to verify your identity. The IRS may ask you to provide your name and position within the company, your EIN, the type of income tax form your business files, and the name and address of your LLC. This is to ensure that your request is legitimate and to protect against fraudulent conduct. You can reach out to the IRS through the Business & Specialty Tax Line, which operates from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. The number to call is (800) 829-4933. Alternatively, you can call the IRS directly at (267) 941-1099 and request a 147C letter. If your contact information has changed since you initially filed your EIN application, you should file Form 8822 to update the IRS with your new mailing address or fax number. This will ensure that the replacement confirmation letter is sent to the correct destination.
Ask us a question

Post us your question and we will get back to you

Need a quick help?

Schedule a call with our attorneys to resolve your queries