tm logo

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a replacement for a lost or never-received EIN confirmation letter?

If you've lost or never received your EIN confirmation letter, you can get a replacement by contacting the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS will send the verification letter to the contact information you provided when you initially filed your application. If your contact details have changed, you should file Form 8822 to update the IRS. You can reach the Business & Specialty Tax Line, which handles requests for replacement EIN confirmation letters, at (800) 829-4933 from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Alternatively, you can call the IRS directly at (267) 941-1099 and request a 147C letter. For security reasons, you'll need to verify your identity when contacting the IRS. You may be asked to provide your name and position with the company, your EIN, the type of income tax form you file for the business, and the name and address of the LLC. Once your identity is verified, the IRS representative will send the confirmation letter replacement immediately at no cost.
Ask us a question

Post us your question and we will get back to you

Need a quick help?

Schedule a call with our attorneys to resolve your queries